Welcome to PopCap.com Customer Support. Have a nice day!
"<The game> has not been properly installed and will not work if you try to use it."
This installation error can be solved most simply by redownloading the installer and running it in Compatibility mode. First, delete the downloaded installer file and restart your computer. After the system restarts, download the file again, but make sure that instead of automatically running the installer, you instead save it to your desktop.
Follow the instructions below to activate Compatibility mode for the installer.
- Right-click the Desktop shortcut to your downloaded installer file.
- Click Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Click the box marked "run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select an earlier version of Windows (e.g. Windows XP Service Pack 2).
- Click the box marked "run this program as an Administrator."
- Click ok.
- Run the installer.
If this does not resolve the issue, it is possible that your Windows Installer service is disabled. To check the settings and correct them if necessary, follow the steps below:
- Click on the Windows icon and type services.msc in the Search bar, then press Enter to launch the Services console.
- Right-click Windows Installer in the list of services, and select Properties.
- There is a drop-down menu labelled Startup type:. If it is set to Disabled, please change it to Manual.
- Click OK.
- Right-click Windows Installer again, and click Start.
Please try running your installer again with the Windows Installer service correctly enabled.
How to register a game!
Now that you have purchased and installed your PC or Mac download game from PopCap.com, there is only one more step before you can play the full version of the game!
Since all games when first downloaded are free trial versions, they must be registered to unlock the game for unlimited play. Registration is a simple process that shouldn't take more than a minute. All you need is a live Internet connection and your PopCap Games Order Number!
To register your game:
- Launch the installed free trial version.
- On the launch screen, you will see the options to Play or Buy Now, as well the prompt that reads "Already purchased this game?" OR "Already Purchased? Enter Info."
- Click on the "Already purchased" option.
- You will be prompted to enter your Order Number. (It looks something like POP123456789 and can be found in your order confirmation email.)
- Click the Register button.
- A browser window should open and connect you to our site. Wait until you see the successful registration confirmation message appear in the browser, displaying your registration key.
- There will be a large yellow button on the page, labelled Register Now. Click this button.
- Then, minimize the browser to see the free trial launch window again, which should now have a button that reads "Continue." Click that button to start playing your game!
If the instructions above did not successfully register your game:
- If you are having difficulty with any online processes, it's always a good idea to clear your browser cache and cookies and try again. Click here for instructions.
- Another possible block to the registration process may be your firewall or virus scanner. We recommend you add our site to your list of "Safe" or "Trusted" Sites for your browser, firewall and virus scanners. Please refer to your software's help articles regarding adding safe/trusted sites.
Still having trouble? Click here for further assistance registering games on a PC.
Your order number doesn't look like POP123456789? Or you only have a registration key instead of an order number? Click here for more information.
Your game is asking for a license name and key combination rather than an Order Number? Click here.
If you are having trouble registering games on a Mac, please click Contact Us.
Error message: "Sorry, things aren't working out. It's not you. It's us."
My game wants a license name and key.
Some of our older games used a license name and key combination for the registration process. These games are:
- Alchemy for Mac
- Atomica (PC)
- Bejeweled for Mac
- Big Money for Mac
- Mummy Maze (PC/Mac)
- NingPo MahJong (PC)
- Noah's Ark (PC)
- Seven Seas (PC/Mac)
- TipTop (PC)
If you are seeing a prompt for a license name and key combination in the registration process for any other game, you may have installed a free trial version from somewhere other than PopCap.com. Click here for instructions on uninstalling, then download the game from PopCap.com or your order confirmation receipt email.
To register any of the above titles:
- Click "Register Now" to register your game.
- Copy or type the Registration Name and Registration/License Code displayed in your Order Confirmation Email into the form when instructed.
- Click on the Register button to launch the online process. After validating your order, your game should be registered and unlocked for unlimited play.
- Return to your game to verify it is unlocked.
- Click "Continue" to play!
If you don't have the license name and key combination for your game, click here.
My game registration didn't work!
Trouble registering your game? The very simple steps below should get your game unlocked in no time!
Note: This process only works in Internet Explorer.
The game you are trying to register must be installed on your computer, but do not launch the game at this time. If it is running, please close it before proceeding.
- Open Internet Explorer and click on the following link or copy/paste the link into your address bar - https://us.shop.popcap.com/popcap_gazoo/unlock/form
- At the next screen, enter the Order Number from your order confirmation email (it will look something like this: POP123456789).
- Click the GENERATE REGISTRATION CODE button.
- There will be a large yellow button on the page, labeled REGISTER NOW. Click this button.
- Then, launch your game from the shortcut icon on your Desktop. The game should now be registered, so it will open straight to the game without asking you to Register or Buy Now.
Enjoy your game!
If your game is not unlocked, or you receive an error message during the above process, please click the Contact Us button below and provide us with the following information so we can provide an alternative registration solution:
- Exact details of what occurs including the wording of any error message you receive.
- Your Operating System and Browser names and version numbers.
- The name and version number of any anti-virus or firewall software you may have running on your machine (Click HELP and ABOUT on your software to obtain the name and version number).
What is the difference between an Order Number and a Registration Key?
When you place an order for a game, you will receive an Order Number. It should start with POP followed by a series of numbers. This is what you will use to register your game. When you successfully register your game, you will receive a unique Registration Key. The Registration Key will take the form of a series of numbers and letters.
Please note that the Registration Key is valid for use only with the computer that generated it; it cannot be used on another computer to register the game. Also, major changes to your system (such as reformatting your hard drive or replacing hardware components within your computer) will invalidate a registration key. You will need to use your original Order Number to generate a new Registration Key if you reinstall the game on a reformatted computer or on a second computer in your home.
Lost your Order Number? Click here for help finding order information!
Error message: We were unable to locate your license...
This error may appear during the registration process for one of the following reasons:
- Incorrect Order Number (click here for help locating your order information)
- The game is out of licenses
Click Contact Us below for assistance with this issue. Please include the following information:
- Order Number
- Game title
- Error message received
I need help locating order information for games I have purchased from PopCap.com.
If you're trying to install or register a game you bought from PopCap.com, but you no longer have the email receipt, there are a couple of simple ways to retrieve the information you need!
If you have changed email addresses, or you don't see some orders in your History, click Contact Us below for help. Here's the information that will be most helpful to our Customer Support team in looking for your orders:
(Don't worry--we don't expect you to have all of this information! But as many of the following details as you can provide will help us help you faster!)
- First and Last name associated with the order
- Zip code associated with the billing address
- A general timeframe for when you made the purchase
- What game title(s) you are looking for
- Any email addresses you may have used when you placed the order(s)
- Whether you paid by credit/debit card or PayPal or got the game with a coupon code/promotional offer/gift certificate