Buy two or more games at a time for 20% off your whole order on PopCap.com!
My code isn't working to purchase a game.
If you have purchased a card at a retail store for a PC/Mac download version of Bejeweled 3 or Plants vs. Zombies, you will have a code to enter on our site to complete your purchase. The code on the card appears in three sets of four digits, with spaces in between. However, when you enter the code on our site, please simply leave out the spaces. We're sorry for the confusion!
How to purchase a game from PopCap.com
PopCap.com has some of the greatest games on the planet! If I didn't already own each and every one of them, I'd be buying some too! Here's what you need to know in order to purchase a game from PopCap.com:
Free Trial Downloads are available for every PC and Mac title!
They're Free! They're Trials! They're Downloadable!
They're a great idea, and I'll tell you why:
- You can play the game for an hour or a limited number of levels (the type of free trial depends on the game) before you buy it!
- You can try as many games as you like. Try them all!
- You can make sure the game works properly on your computer. This is important, because not all computers are the same. We recommend reviewing the System Requirements for each game, but there are so many variables between systems that it's just safest to try the game out first. If you have any trouble running the free trial, click Contact Us below to reach our Customer Support Team for help!
So now that I've gotten you all excited about free trial downloads, go on back to the Games page, choose a game, and click Download on the game page to get started!
No really, go ahead. I'll wait!
(An hour passes during which you have fallen completely in love with a game...let's say Zuma. I love Zuma.)
Hey, you're back! And Zuma has you spellbound, eager to keep unlocking new temples and blasting balls? I never doubted it for a minute. So now, let's go on to the next step:
How to purchase a game from PopCap.com:
There are two equally simple ways to buy a game from PopCap.com. One is through the downloaded free trial version you've been playing, and the other is through the website itself. At any point during your free trial, click Buy Now in the game menu to instantly add the game to the Cart. But since you're here on the site right now reading about this, let's assume you didn't do that yet and instead walk you through the website process.
Remember when I suggested going to the Games page, choosing a game, then clicking Download on that game's page? I know you do, because that's how you found Zuma, and we never forget the way we meet a true love! So let's go back to the game page now, where right under that Download button, you will see a very similar button called Buy Now.
Click that Buy Now button, and you will be taken to the Cart page, where you will see your game waiting in the Cart.
If there's another game you're thinking about picking up, this is a great time to point out that any two or more games purchased at a time will get an automatic 20% discount! So feel free to go back to the main page (click the big red PopCap label at the top of the screen) and add some more games to your cart!
The Cart page offers you some choices, and we'll walk you through them briefly:
- Do you have a coupon code or gift certificate? If so, simply paste or type the code into the Add Coupon Code or Gift Certificate field and click Add.
- You may be shown the option to add a backup CD-ROM to your order. (Wait--what's that?)
When you're ready to proceed, just click Checkout!
Next, it's time to enter your billing information and choose your preferred payment method (Wait--what are my options?). Just enter your first name, last name, and the zip code associated with your billing address, then the email address where we should send your order confirmation receipt.
If you're paying by credit/debit card, simply enter the card number, expiration date, and CVN. If you prefer to use PayPal, click the radio button beside Pay by PayPal. Whichever you choose, click Review Order to proceed.
If you are paying by credit or debit card, you will be taken to the final review order page. Check that the information on the screen is all correct, then click Place Order.
If you are paying by PayPal, check that the information on the screen is correct, then click Proceed to PayPal. You will be prompted to sign into your PayPal account. If you do not have a PayPal account, you can create one at this stage. If you prefer to go back and pay by credit card instead, you can click "Cancel and return to PopCap Games".
Once you have signed into your PayPal account, click Continue. You will return to your PopCap.com Shopping Cart and see a button labelled Complete Order.
That's it! After you have placed your order, you will see your order confirmation page containing a download link for your game and the Order Number (POPID) you will need to register your game. This information will also be sent to the email address you entered in the Cart.
Enjoy your game!
How to install a game!
How to install a PC game from PopCap.com:
- Find your game on the All Games page.
- Select the game you want to download.
- On the game page select the Try Free button.
- Select Run to download the game.
- Following the download, select Run and follow the installation instructions.
- If you do not uncheck the "Launch game now" option, your game should start automatically. Otherwise, launch the game by double clicking the icon on your desktop or locating and opening the icon in the Start Menu/All Programs/PopCap Games/<game name> folder.
- Click the PLAY button to begin your free trial! If you have already purchased the game, click here for instructions on registering to unlock the full version!
Will my games run on a new Windows 8 PC?
- Right-click the game icon and choose Properties.
- In the Properties dialog box, click the Compatibility tab.
- Click the button marked Run Compatibility Troubleshooter.
If this is unsuccessful, try manually selecting your Compatibility setting:
- Right-click the game icon and choose Properties.
- In the Properties dialog box, click the Compatibility tab.
- Check the box for "Run this program in Compatibility mode for:"
- Select Windows Vista or Windows 7 in the drop-down.
- Click OK and again run the game.
If these suggestions do not resolve your issue, it may be necessary to uninstall the game and download the most current version available from our site, as you may still be running a pre-Vista version of the game.
We have not fully tested our games for Surface compatibility, only for standard PC play with a mouse and physical keyboard. However, it is possible to install the games on a Surface device. The primary difficulty you may encounter is in the creation of a user name, as the user name prompt will not bring up your virtual keyboard automatically. You may be able resolve this for some games by tapping the icon to set the game to windowed mode, which will then allow you to manually activate the virtual keyboard via the keyboard icon at your lower-right corner. However, not all games will display an icon to change the window size. In that event, the only way to enter a user name may be to attach a physical keyboard via the USB port.
I purchased and registered the game, so why are some levels within the game still locked?
Many of our games have levels that are "locked" when you begin to play. This is because they are either more difficult and require the level of proficiency in the game attained by playing through the earlier sections, or because they are meant as rewards for achievements earned in the other sections. The appearance of certain areas of the game as "Locked" does not indicate your game has not been successfully registered.
For instance, in Bookworm Adventures, only Adventure mode can be played at the start. Once you have completed Book 1 of the Adventure mode, you gain access to the Tome of Knowledge. After completing Book 2, the Mini-Games area is unlocked.
In Zuma, there are some layouts in Gauntlet mode that appear only as "?" because they cannot be played until the game has assessed the player's skill level as advanced enough.
So enjoy the challenge, and hone your skills! You'll find that the games open up one area after another, giving you the satisfaction of victory as well as the enticement of a new skill to learn, a new tool to wield, a new boss battle to WHOMP!
Where can I get the Peggle Nights Bonus Level packs?
There are three packs of Bonus Levels available for Peggle Nights (PC/Mac):
|Holiday||Download for PC||Download for Mac|
|Spring||Download for PC||Download for Mac|
|Art Contest||Download for PC||Download for Mac|
Simply download the files and run the installers! (You must already have Peggle Nights installed in order to install the Bonus Levels.)
If you are running the free trial version of Peggle Nights, you will have only partial access to the Bonus Levels, just as with the standard game.
Can I save my game progress when I reinstall my game for PC?
So you bought a new computer, or you're upgrading to a new Operating System, or reformatting your computer, and you don't want to have to start your games again from the beginning and lose awesome high scores and unlocked game modes? No problem! We're more than happy to point you toward the files you'll want to save to carry over your userdata for the games.
The steps and file locations vary by Operating System as well as by game. What you'll find below is going to be the most common set of instructions; if you don't find the files for some of your games by following these steps, please contact our Customer Support team for further assistance.
- Click START
- Click MY COMPUTER
- Open the drive you installed the game to (most likely the Local Disk (C:)
- Open PROGRAM FILES
- Open POPCAP GAMES
- Open [Game Name]
- Please locate and save the USERS, PLAYERS, or USERDATA (saved game) folder
Windows Vista or 7
If you are using Windows Vista or 7, the file is in a different directory:
C:\ProgramData\PopCap Games\[game name]\[users, players, OR userdata]
If you're accustomed to Windows XP, then this might be a little hard to get used to, because there is still a directory called Program Files, and it still contains a subfolder called PopCap Games. But on Vista & 7, only the game's operating files get stored there, not your user profile and saved game data. That gets stored in a new directory called ProgramData, which is hidden by default. In order to view and access these files, you will need to set your Folder Options to "Show Hidden Files and Folders."
If you do not find a folder called USERS, PLAYERS, or USERDATA, then the game you are looking for stores those files in a different directory. Please contact Customer Support for game-specific instructions.
Now that I've found my saved game files, what next?
You'll want to save your users/players/userdata folder to a secure location like a flash drive or a writeable CD-ROM.
Once you've installed the game on the new computer, the first step is simply to launch the game, create a user, and play for a minute or so. This is important, because it ensures that your computer properly creates a game save folder in the right location. Close the game, and then navigate to the game save directory just like before. (Don't forget to "Show Hidden Files and Folders" on your new computer if it's Vista or 7!)
For instance, if you have installed AstroPop on Windows 7, navigate to:
If you have run the game briefly, you'll see a "users" folder has been created in this directory. All you need to do now is Copy the "users" folder from your saved backup and Paste it into the AstroPop folder. You'll be asked if you want to replace the existing files in that location (you do).
After the files are successfully pasted, you should be able to see your old user profile(s) and scores when you launch the game again!
Please note: Some games' save files are stored in non-standard locations. If you cannot locate your files using the instructions above, please contact us!
When I buy a game from PopCap.com, how many times can I install it?
When you purchase a game from PopCap.com, it includes 5 licenses. This means you can download, install, and register the game up to 5 times or on up to 5 different computers (all computers must be of the same platform and must be capable of connecting to the Internet to complete the online registration process).
If you use up all your licenses due to reformatting or hardware replacement, please click Contact Us for assistance.
How to install/download
I can't see the "I Agree" button to click on it!
If you are having difficulties with installing your game because the Agreement page is too large for your screen, please try the following steps, which should resolve the issue.
- Click on the Start menu / Windows icon and open the Control Panel.
- Double-click the Display icon to open the Display settings window.
- Click on the Appearance tab, and make sure the Font size is set to Normal rather than Large or Extra Large.
- Next, click the Settings tab, and increase your Screen Resolution using the slider bar.
- Click Apply, then OK.
My game registration didn't work!
Trouble registering your game? The very simple steps below should get your game unlocked in no time!
Note: This process only works in Internet Explorer.
The game you are trying to register must be installed on your computer, but do not launch the game at this time. If it is running, please close it before proceeding.
- Open Internet Explorer and click on the following link or copy/paste the link into your address bar - https://us.shop.popcap.com/popcap_gazoo/unlock/form
- At the next screen, enter the Order Number from your order confirmation email (it will look something like this: POP123456789).
- Click the GENERATE REGISTRATION CODE button.
- There will be a large yellow button on the page, labeled REGISTER NOW. Click this button.
- Then, launch your game from the shortcut icon on your Desktop. The game should now be registered, so it will open straight to the game without asking you to Register or Buy Now.
Enjoy your game!
If your game is not unlocked, or you receive an error message during the above process, please click the Contact Us button below and provide us with the following information so we can provide an alternative registration solution:
- Exact details of what occurs including the wording of any error message you receive.
- Your Operating System and Browser names and version numbers.
- The name and version number of any anti-virus or firewall software you may have running on your machine (Click HELP and ABOUT on your software to obtain the name and version number).
Error message: "Unable to read installer data."
If you have downloaded a free trial from PopCap.com but receive the error message "Unable to read installer data" when you try to run it, please follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
First, you will need to clear your Internet browser cache and cookies. Click here for instructions on doing so in various browsers.
- Windows XP users: click Start and then Run.
- Windows Vista/7 users: click the Start menu/Windows icon, and type Run in the text field, then hit Enter or choose the program called Run in the search results.
I'm having trouble downloading a game.
If you're having trouble downloading a game from PopCap.com, there are some very simple suggestions that resolve most issues.
1. Download only one file at a time.
This wasn't usually an issue on Windows XP; you could download as many files at a time as your Internet connection could handle. But starting with Windows Vista, you may have noticed that it's harder to run multiple simultaneous downloads. So our simplest suggestion is just to take your time and let one download complete before you start another!
3. Restart your browser.
Computer programs often need a little mini-reboot to get back on track.
4. Try a different browser.
This sounds like voodoo, but it's not. Sure, browsers all do the same stuff, so it's easy to think of them as equivalent, so why would using one instead of another make a difference? Well, in this case, each browser stores its downloads, temp files, cache, etc. in a different destination folder. So maybe one of those folders is full? Or you started the download earlier and there's already a partial file with that same name? Just using a different browser can bypass all this little stuff.
5. Restart your computer.
This is just always a good idea if something seemingly simple isn't working quite right. It's so obvious, even I sometimes overlook it in the troubleshooting process. And then, 90% of the time, it turns out to be the answer.
6. Add PopCap.com to your "safe" or "trusted" site list for your Firewall and Anti-Virus.
If your security settings are preventing you from downloading, you may need to add us to your exceptions list. Please refer to your security software's help articles for instructions on adding safe/trusted sites.