Can I save my game progress when I reinstall my game on Mac?
So you bought a new computer, or you're upgrading to a new Operating System, or reformatting your computer, and you don't want to have to start your games again from the beginning and lose awesome high scores and unlocked game modes? No problem! We're more than happy to point you toward the files you'll want to save to carry over your userdata for the games.
Your game's save file should be in the following location:
Mac OS Snow Leopard or earlier
Your User Name/Library/Application Support/PopCap/Game Name
When you transfer this file to the new computer, make sure to place the file back into the same directory.
Mac OS Lion 10.7 and later
The save file location is the same as listed above, but on Lion, this directory is hidden by default, so you will need to take a couple of extra steps to access it:
- Open the Finder and click on “Help” at the very top of your screen.
- Type in “Library” and click on the Library folder that shows up.
- Locate the folder Application Support/PopCap/Game Name
Once you have found this folder, you should see a sub-folder with a name like USERS, PLAYERS, or USERDATA. This is the folder you will want to save to a secure location such as a flash drive or burnable CD-ROM. You can also email them to yourself as attachments.
To port your progress back into the game:
- Locate your saved user data folder and drag it to your Desktop.
- Launch and play the game briefly to ensure the filepath is created again.
- Locate the Library/Application Support/PopCap/Game Name folder using the OS-specific instructions above.
- Copy the contents of your saved user data folder into the user data folder at that location. It may ask if you want to replace existing files in the destination directory. Click on "Replace" for all files.
Please note: Some games' save files are stored in non-standard locations. If you cannot locate your files using the instructions above, please contact us!