Buy two or more games at a time for 20% off your whole order on PopCap.com!
Billing & Purchasing
Billing & Purchasing
My code isn't working to purchase a game.
If you have purchased a card at a retail store for a PC/Mac download version of Bejeweled 3 or Plants vs. Zombies, you will have a code to enter on our site to complete your purchase. The code on the card appears in three sets of four digits, with spaces in between. However, when you enter the code on our site, please simply leave out the spaces. We're sorry for the confusion!
I have not received my order confirmation email, but I was charged for the game!
If you placed an order on PopCap.com and have not received an email confirmation of your purchase but have confirmed that a transaction was processed with your bank, credit card company, or PayPal, please do not repeat the purchase process. Though email receipts are typically sent instantly, it is possible for delays to occur due to high traffic on the site. It is also possible that our email may have been sent to your spam or junk folder, or that you use multiple email addresses and may be checking a different one than you used to make the purchase. Please check all your email accounts and the spam folders for each.
If you cannot locate your order receipt email, please click Contact Us below, and include as much of the following information as you can:
- Title of the game(s) ordered
- Email address used
- First and Last Name
- Zip Code
- Whether you used a credit/debit card or PayPal
- If you paid by PayPal and have received an email confirmation from them, what is the Transaction ID they sent you?
How to register a game!
Now that you have purchased and installed your PC or Mac download game from PopCap.com, there is only one more step before you can play the full version of the game!
Since all games when first downloaded are free trial versions, they must be registered to unlock the game for unlimited play. Registration is a simple process that shouldn't take more than a minute. All you need is a live Internet connection and your PopCap Games Order Number!
To register your game:
- Launch the installed free trial version.
- On the launch screen, you will see the options to Play or Buy Now, as well the prompt that reads "Already purchased this game?" OR "Already Purchased? Enter Info."
- Click on the "Already purchased" option.
- You will be prompted to enter your Order Number. (It looks something like POP123456789 and can be found in your order confirmation email.)
- Click the Register button.
- A browser window should open and connect you to our site. Wait until you see the successful registration confirmation message appear in the browser, displaying your registration key.
- There will be a large yellow button on the page, labelled Register Now. Click this button.
- Then, minimize the browser to see the free trial launch window again, which should now have a button that reads "Continue." Click that button to start playing your game!
If the instructions above did not successfully register your game:
- If you are having difficulty with any online processes, it's always a good idea to clear your browser cache and cookies and try again. Click here for instructions.
- Another possible block to the registration process may be your firewall or virus scanner. We recommend you add our site to your list of "Safe" or "Trusted" Sites for your browser, firewall and virus scanners. Please refer to your software's help articles regarding adding safe/trusted sites.
Still having trouble? Click here for further assistance registering games on a PC.
Your order number doesn't look like POP123456789? Or you only have a registration key instead of an order number? Click here for more information.
Your game is asking for a license name and key combination rather than an Order Number? Click here.
If you are having trouble registering games on a Mac, please click Contact Us.
What payment methods are accepted on PopCap.com?
The main payment methods available are as follows:
- American Express
We apologize that we are unable to accept gift cards.
There may be different billing methods available depending on your geographic location. Add a game to the Shopping Cart and select the applicable billing option.
Australian Customers Only:
We regret that our new International billing partner does not yet support payments by American Express credit cards in Australia. We are working with our billing partner to resolve this issue and hope to make this payment method available to you again as soon as possible. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you.
I have purchased the wrong game or ordered the same game more than once!
It happens to everyone... you go to buy Bookworm Adventures Volume 2 and wind up accidentally clicking on Bookworm Adventures instead.
No problem - we're happy to help!
Click Contact Us below, and let us know what game or version you intended to order. We'll perform the exchange and send you the correct receipt!
Or you're buying a game for your Mac at home, but you're using your office PC to do it, so you wind up inadvertently ordering the PC version of the game.
This one's even easier--just download the correct version of the game from our website. The same Order Number will register both the Mac & PC versions of the same title!
Or if you just bought the same game twice by accident, we can help with that too. We're happy to exchange the duplicate order for any other title from PopCap.com (please let us know which one you'd like!), or to refund the duplicate transaction. Refunds are possible for up to 60 or 90 days of the order, depending on your payment type.
Where can I find PopCap Games on CD-ROM in the UK & Ireland?
We are pleased to confirm that retail versions of the following games are available for purchase from retail stores in the UK and Ireland:
- Amazing Adventures: The Lost Tomb
- Bejeweled 2
- Bejeweled Twist
- Bookworm Adventures
- Feeding Frenzy 2
- Mahjong Escape: Ancient China
- Mystery P.I.: The Lottery Ticket
- Mystery P.I.: Vegas Heist
- Pizza Frenzy
- PC World
I already purchased one version of a game; can I get a discount on an alternate platform version?
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer discounts or promotional codes for use on other sites or at retail stores.
However, if you've purchased a Mac or PC download game from PopCap.com, you will be able to register the alternate version as well (if it exists--not all PC titles are also available for Mac)! Registering the alternate version will simply use one of your licenses.
When will I receive the game I ordered?
If you have ordered a download game from PopCap.com, you can download, install, and register it immediately upon completing the purchase! As soon as you finish the shopping cart process, you will be shown a copy of your order receipt right in your browser window. From that page, you can download and install the free trial (if you have not already done so). Your Order Number will also be displayed on that page, and that's all you'll need to register the game!
If your order included any physical products, such as a backup CD-ROM copy of your purchased game, please allow 7-14 days for delivery by USPS.
If your order was completed more than 14 days ago, and you have not received your backup CD-ROM, please click Contact Us below to request assistance. We can reship backup CD-ROMs within 90 days of the original order date.
How to purchase a game from PopCap.com
PopCap.com has some of the greatest games on the planet! If I didn't already own each and every one of them, I'd be buying some too! Here's what you need to know in order to purchase a game from PopCap.com:
Free Trial Downloads are available for every PC and Mac title!
They're Free! They're Trials! They're Downloadable!
They're a great idea, and I'll tell you why:
- You can play the game for an hour or a limited number of levels (the type of free trial depends on the game) before you buy it!
- You can try as many games as you like. Try them all!
- You can make sure the game works properly on your computer. This is important, because not all computers are the same. We recommend reviewing the System Requirements for each game, but there are so many variables between systems that it's just safest to try the game out first. If you have any trouble running the free trial, click Contact Us below to reach our Customer Support Team for help!
So now that I've gotten you all excited about free trial downloads, go on back to the Games page, choose a game, and click Download on the game page to get started!
No really, go ahead. I'll wait!
(An hour passes during which you have fallen completely in love with a game...let's say Zuma. I love Zuma.)
Hey, you're back! And Zuma has you spellbound, eager to keep unlocking new temples and blasting balls? I never doubted it for a minute. So now, let's go on to the next step:
How to purchase a game from PopCap.com:
There are two equally simple ways to buy a game from PopCap.com. One is through the downloaded free trial version you've been playing, and the other is through the website itself. At any point during your free trial, click Buy Now in the game menu to instantly add the game to the Cart. But since you're here on the site right now reading about this, let's assume you didn't do that yet and instead walk you through the website process.
Remember when I suggested going to the Games page, choosing a game, then clicking Download on that game's page? I know you do, because that's how you found Zuma, and we never forget the way we meet a true love! So let's go back to the game page now, where right under that Download button, you will see a very similar button called Buy Now.
Click that Buy Now button, and you will be taken to the Cart page, where you will see your game waiting in the Cart.
If there's another game you're thinking about picking up, this is a great time to point out that any two or more games purchased at a time will get an automatic 20% discount! So feel free to go back to the main page (click the big red PopCap label at the top of the screen) and add some more games to your cart!
The Cart page offers you some choices, and we'll walk you through them briefly:
- Do you have a coupon code or gift certificate? If so, simply paste or type the code into the Add Coupon Code or Gift Certificate field and click Add.
- You may be shown the option to add a backup CD-ROM to your order. (Wait--what's that?)
When you're ready to proceed, just click Checkout!
Next, it's time to enter your billing information and choose your preferred payment method (Wait--what are my options?). Just enter your first name, last name, and the zip code associated with your billing address, then the email address where we should send your order confirmation receipt.
If you're paying by credit/debit card, simply enter the card number, expiration date, and CVN. If you prefer to use PayPal, click the radio button beside Pay by PayPal. Whichever you choose, click Review Order to proceed.
If you are paying by credit or debit card, you will be taken to the final review order page. Check that the information on the screen is all correct, then click Place Order.
If you are paying by PayPal, check that the information on the screen is correct, then click Proceed to PayPal. You will be prompted to sign into your PayPal account. If you do not have a PayPal account, you can create one at this stage. If you prefer to go back and pay by credit card instead, you can click "Cancel and return to PopCap Games".
Once you have signed into your PayPal account, click Continue. You will return to your PopCap.com Shopping Cart and see a button labelled Complete Order.
That's it! After you have placed your order, you will see your order confirmation page containing a download link for your game and the Order Number (POPID) you will need to register your game. This information will also be sent to the email address you entered in the Cart.
Enjoy your game!
I'm having trouble completing my purchase.
Our first and simplest suggestion is to clear your browser cache and cookies (click here for instructions!). Any time an attempted action fails to process completely, this is a good first step.
It may also help to restart your browser or try an alternate browser.
Did you receive a message saying "A problem occurred processing your order" or "Please correct the items in red"?
Your order attempt may have been unsuccessful due to an error in the billing details provided or a restriction from your bank/credit card company. This may be due to the following:
- Missing or incorrect information for your payment method.
- The credit card company does not recognize the transaction.
Please contact your bank/credit card company to confirm the data you are entering matches their records and inform them that you are trying to use the card to purchase a game online. If you are using a branded card, confirm if you should enter this as a credit or a debit card.
Where can I find PopCap Games on CD-ROM in Australia?
We are pleased to confirm that retail versions of the following games are available for purchase from retail stores in Australia:
- Bejeweled 2
- Bejeweled Twist
- Bookworm Adventures
- Mystery P.I. The Lottery Ticket
- Harvey Norman
- JB Hi-Fi
- Other large chain stores and outlets
- Or online: http://www.mindscape.net.au/
Where can I find PopCap Games on CD-ROM in Germany?
A wide selection of PopCap Games titles are available for purchase in Germany from a variety of locations. Please visit the website below to find a location near you:
If you require assistance with your CD-ROM purchase, please contact our publishing and distribution partner for assistance:
How to use a coupon code or gift certificate on PopCap.com
Have you been given a coupon code or a gift certificate for PopCap.com? You lucky gamer! Here's all you need to know to redeem your code:
- Visit www.popcap.com and select a game from Download Games
- Add the game to the Shopping Cart by clicking Buy Now
- On the Shopping Cart page, there will be a field labelled Add Coupon Code or Gift Certificate. Simply paste or type your code into that field, then click Add.
I am unhappy with my purchase; how do I get a refund?
If, despite best attempts to resolve a problem through troubleshooting and investigation, we are unable to resolve an issue, we will replace the game title with another or refund the game within 90 days of purchase where applicable. (Refunds are possible for up to 60 or 90 days of the order, depending on your payment type). This applies to purchases made on www.popcap.com only. We cannot refund an order placed with an Affiliate Partner or other portal site.
If you are experiencing a problem with a CD-ROM version purchased in a retail store, please return it to the store for replacement.
What PopCap Games titles are available on CD-ROM at retail stores?
PopCap Games are available on CD-ROM in several countries as well as from many online retailers! See below for titles and retail partners in the United States & Canada.
- Amazing Adventures: The Lost Tomb *
- Amazing Adventures: Around the World *
- Amazing Adventures: The Caribbean Secret *
- Amazing Adventures: The Forgotten Dynasty *
- Bejeweled 2
- Bejeweled 3
- Bejeweled Twist *
- Bookworm Adventures *
- Chuzzle *
- Escape Rosecliff Island
- Escape Whisper Valley
- Escape the Emerald Star
- Feeding Frenzy 2 *
- Insaniquarium *
- Mahjong Escape: Ancient China *
- Mystery P.I.: The London Caper
- Mystery P.I.: Lost in Los Angeles
- Mystery P.I.: The Lottery Ticket *
- Mystery P.I.: New York Fortune *
- Mystery P.I.: The Vegas Heist *
- Mystery P.I.: Stolen in San Francisco
- Mystery P.I.: The Curious Case of Counterfeit Cove *
- Peggle Nights *
- Plants vs Zombies
- Vacation Quest: The Hawaiian Islands
- Vacation Quest: Australia *
- The Wizard's Pen *
- Zuma's Revenge
- Amazon - http://www.Amazon.com
- Apple Stores
- Best Buy - http://www.bestbuy.com
- BJ's - http://www.bjs.com/
- Costco - http://www.costco.com/
- Fred Meyer - http://www.fredmeyer.com
- Fry's - http://www.frys.com/
- GameStop - http://www.gamestop.com
- J and R Computer - http://www.jr.com/
- MicroCenter - http://www.microcenter.com/
- Nebraska Furniture Mart - http://www.nfm.com/
- Office Depot - http://www.officedepot.com
- OfficeMax - http://www.officemax.com
- Sam's Club - http://www.samsclub.com
- Shopko - http://www.shopko.com/
- Staples - http://www.staples.com
- Target - http://www.target.com
- Toys R Us - http://www.toysrus.com
- Trans World Entertainment
- Wal Mart - http://www.wal-mart.com
In Canada, please visit http://www.futureshop.ca
What is a backup CD-ROM?
When you purchase a download game from PopCap.com, you may see the option to Add a Backup CD-ROM for your game. A backup CD-ROM is a disk containing the downloadable installer file for your purchased game. It will also contain several additional free trial versions for other PopCap titles.
Backup CD-ROMs DO:
- Include the downloadable installer for the free trial version of your purchased product as well as several other PopCap titles.
- Require that you can access the Internet to complete the online registration process for your purchased game.
- Save time/bandwidth if downloading large files is an issue for you!
- Include a 50% off coupon code for a future purchase from PopCap.com!
Backup CD-ROMs DO NOT:
- Allow you to install your game on computers without Internet access. Registration is still required to unlock the full version of the game!
Don't see the option to add a backup CD-ROM? This may be due to one of the following limitations:
- Backup CD-ROMs are not available when purchasing a game bundle (several titles for a combined lower price).
- Backup CD-ROMs are available in the United States and Canada only at this time due to shipping limitations (sorry--we're working on it!).
- Only the English language versions of the games are available on backup CD-ROM currently.
- Finally, not all games are available in this format. You may have one or more games in your cart which would not be offered on backup CD-ROM.
Can I order a backup CD-ROM for games I have purchased in the past?
No, backup CD-ROMs must be added to the cart at the same time the download version is purchased. There is no way to order a backup CD-ROM after the fact.
If I order several titles at once, will I receive a backup CD-ROM for each game?
No. If you place an order for more than one game title, they will all arrive on one disk.
After I receive my backup CD-ROM, where will I find the 50% off coupon code?
To obtain your 50% off coupon code, simply insert your backup CD-ROM. It is not necessary to run any of the installers in order to view the code. At the very top of the auto-run screen, you will see the coupon code displayed.
I have a question about a charge to my credit/debit card or PayPal account.
If you see unfamiliar or incorrect charges listed on your account, please click Contact Us below to ask our Customer Support team for assistance.
How can I purchase a game as a gift for someone else?
Want to share the love of your favorite game with a friend? Have a kid in the family who would love practicing spelling with Lex in Bookworm Adventures? There are several ways to give the gift of PopCap games! Below, you'll find a list of basic questions to help you with this process.
1. Are you buying a gift for a Mac or PC user?
2. Will the recipient be installing the game on a computer with Internet access?
All PC and Mac games purchased directly from PopCap.com require an online registration process. This means they cannot be installed on computers that don't have the ability to access the Internet. If the game is for someone without an Internet connection, please take a look at our list of games available on retail CD-ROM, as no registration process is required for games bought in this format.
If the game is being given to someone with an Internet connection, then a download version from PopCap.com is the fastest and simplest way to send the gift! You can simply complete the purchase yourself and forward the email receipt OR enter the email address of the intended recipient rather than your own in the purchase process.
At this time, PopCap does not sell gift certificates, but we may do so again in the future.
Thanks for loving our games and spreading the word to friends and family!
Order Information (My Games)
I purchased and registered the game, so why are some levels within the game still locked?
Many of our games have levels that are "locked" when you begin to play. This is because they are either more difficult and require the level of proficiency in the game attained by playing through the earlier sections, or because they are meant as rewards for achievements earned in the other sections. The appearance of certain areas of the game as "Locked" does not indicate your game has not been successfully registered.
For instance, in Bookworm Adventures, only Adventure mode can be played at the start. Once you have completed Book 1 of the Adventure mode, you gain access to the Tome of Knowledge. After completing Book 2, the Mini-Games area is unlocked.
In Zuma, there are some layouts in Gauntlet mode that appear only as "?" because they cannot be played until the game has assessed the player's skill level as advanced enough.
So enjoy the challenge, and hone your skills! You'll find that the games open up one area after another, giving you the satisfaction of victory as well as the enticement of a new skill to learn, a new tool to wield, a new boss battle to WHOMP!
What is the difference between an Order Number and a Registration Key?
When you place an order for a game, you will receive an Order Number. It should start with POP followed by a series of numbers. This is what you will use to register your game. When you successfully register your game, you will receive a unique Registration Key. The Registration Key will take the form of a series of numbers and letters.
Please note that the Registration Key is valid for use only with the computer that generated it; it cannot be used on another computer to register the game. Also, major changes to your system (such as reformatting your hard drive or replacing hardware components within your computer) will invalidate a registration key. You will need to use your original Order Number to generate a new Registration Key if you reinstall the game on a reformatted computer or on a second computer in your home.
Lost your Order Number? Click here for help finding order information!
When I buy a game from PopCap.com, how many times can I install it?
When you purchase a game from PopCap.com, it includes 5 licenses. This means you can download, install, and register the game up to 5 times or on up to 5 different computers (all computers must be of the same platform and must be capable of connecting to the Internet to complete the online registration process).
If you use up all your licenses due to reformatting or hardware replacement, please click Contact Us for assistance.
I need help locating order information for games I have purchased from PopCap.com.
If you're trying to install or register a game you bought from PopCap.com, but you no longer have the email receipt, there are a couple of simple ways to retrieve the information you need!
If you have changed email addresses, or you don't see some orders in your History, click Contact Us below for help. Here's the information that will be most helpful to our Customer Support team in looking for your orders:
(Don't worry--we don't expect you to have all of this information! But as many of the following details as you can provide will help us help you faster!)
- First and Last name associated with the order
- Zip code associated with the billing address
- A general timeframe for when you made the purchase
- What game title(s) you are looking for
- Any email addresses you may have used when you placed the order(s)
- Whether you paid by credit/debit card or PayPal or got the game with a coupon code/promotional offer/gift certificate
How do I view my online Order History?
If you would like to locate your previous orders made on PopCap.com, please log into or create a PopCap User Account.
- Click on My Account (top right corner of the page).
- If you have a PopCap User Account already, enter your email address and password to Sign In.
- If you have any orders associated with your user account, you will now be taken directly to your order history!
If you do not yet have a User Account, enter your name and email address, then enter your chosen password in both fields and click Create my account.
- Alternatively, you can also choose to use Facebook Connect for your login. Click the blue Connect with Facebook button to initiate that process.
A game I purchased doesn't appear in my order history -- where is it?
Your order history only displays the orders placed on PopCap.com that are associated with your user account and current email address. If you placed orders using this same email address but prior to creating the user account, they may not appear. Please contact Customer Support for assistance with retrieving any orders you do not see online.
If you have placed orders on PopCap.com using multiple email addresses:
Click Contact Us below, and be sure to include any information that will help us locate the orders. Typically, if you know the exact email addresses used on all your past orders, that should be all we need, but if you're not sure about the email addresses, make sure to include the first and last name on the orders and if possible the zip code associated with your billing address. If you know the names of the games you're not seeing on your account currently, that lets us know what we're looking for!
If you have ordered PopCap Games from other websites/companies:
Unfortunately, there is no way we can add those to your PopCap.com order history. We don't have access to our partners' order databases and cannot retrieve any order information from them.
What does "Licenses" mean?
This is the number of licenses or registrations left on your game order. All games start out with 5 licenses. Whenever you register your game on a new or reformatted computer, you will use one license. If you use up all of your licenses due to regular reformatting, don't worry, we can issue some more! Please click Contact Us below to request assistance.
Affiliate sites which also sell PopCap Games products
PopCap Games are also sold by a number of affiliate partner sites. If you have purchased one of our titles from any site other than PopCap.com, we will not be able to locate your order information. Please contact the relevant partner's support team for assistance. Below is a list of many affiliate sites which carry our games as well as direct links to their support pages.